Bradford-Tioga Head Start is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for high quality pre-kindergarten services, called Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts, offered five half days per week.
Quality pre-kindergarten prepares children for reading and math but also for paying attention, following directions, and getting along with others. Pre-kindergarten gives children a chance to learn, become excited about school, and be better students.
By enrolling your child in quality pre-kindergarten, your child has a better chance of being ready for kindergarten and grade school. This strong early start in pre-kindergarten means they have a better chance of doing well in school, going on to college, or career training, and getting a good job.
PA Pre-K Counts classrooms:
• Have teachers with education and expertise to teach young children
• Use a curriculum that will help your child grow, academically and socially
• Regularly review your child’s progress and choose teaching and learning activities that are best for your child
• Help you and your child adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
• Offer a small class size (17 students per teacher, teacher aide, and classroom aide).
By enrolling your child in PA Pre-K Counts, you can give your child a great start to a bright future.
Bradford-Tioga Head Start Pre-K classrooms are located in:
430 Canton Street, Suite 5
Troy, PA 16947
Farm & Home Plaza
Wyalusing PA 18853